Interpretation and Definitions
InterpretationThe words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Tech Expert Academy.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Berlin, Germany
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Tech Expert Academy, accessible from https://www.techexpertacademy.com/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
Personal DataWhile using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage DataUsage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
- Necessary / Essential CookiesType: Session CookiesAdministered by: UsPurpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Functionality CookiesType: Persistent CookiesAdministered by: UsPurpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Type and purpose of the processing
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA (hereinafter: ‘Google’). Google Analytics uses so-called ‘cookies’, i.e. text files that are stored on your computer and allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is typically transmitted to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymisation on these websites, your IP address will be truncated beforehand by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the U.S. and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, summarise reports on website activities and provide other services related to website and Internet usage to the website operator. The IP address transferred from your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data from Google.
The data processing purposes are the website-use analysis and the summary of reports on activities on the website. Based on the use of the website and the Internet, other related services will be provided.
The processing of the data occurs on the basis of the user’s consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 (a) GDPR).
The recipient of the data is Google as the processor. For this, we have entered into the corresponding data-processing contract with Google.
The deletion of the data occurs as soon as they are no longer necessary for our recording-keeping purposes.
Third country transfers
Google processes your data in the United States of America and is subject to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Mandatory or required provision
The provision of your personal data is voluntary, based solely on your consent. If you prevent access, this can lead to functional limitations on the website.
Revocation of consent
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting in your browser software; however, please note that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this website in their entirety. Furthermore, you can prevent the collected data generated by the cookie and the data related to your use of the website (including your IP address) being transmitted to Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: browser add-on to deactivate Google Analytics.
With the assistance of the tracking tool Google Analytics, the browsing behaviour of the website visitors can be evaluated and their respective interests can be analysed. For this analysis, we create a pseudonymous user profile.
Facebook Custom Audiences / Conversion (“Facebook Pixel”)
This website uses the so-called “Facebook Pixel” of the social network “Facebook” for the following purposes:
- Facebook (website) Custom Audiences
We use the Facebook pixel for remarketing purposes to be able to contact you again within 180 days. This allows us to display interest-based advertisements (“Facebook Ads”) to users of the website when they visit the social network “Facebook” or other websites also using this tool. In this way, we pursue the interest in displaying advertisements that are of interest to you in order to make our website or offers more interesting for you.
- Facebook conversion
We also use the Facebook Pixel to ensure that our Facebook Ads match the potential interest of users and are not annoying. With the help of the Facebook Pixel, we can track the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes by seeing whether users were redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad (so-called “conversion”).
The processing of this data by Facebook takes place within the framework of Facebook’s data policy. Special information and details about the Facebook pixel and its functionality can also be found in the Facebook help area.
Recipients: Joint Controller:
We are jointly responsible with Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (Facebook) for the collection and transfer of data in this process. This applies to the following purposes:
- The creation of individualized or suitable ads, as well as for their optimization
- Delivery of commercial and transaction-related messages (e.g. via Messenger)
The following processes are therefore not covered by joint controllership:
- The process that takes place after the collection and transmission is within the sole responsibility of Facebook
- The preparation of reports and analyses in aggregated and anonymized form is carried out as a Processor and is therefore within our responsibility.
We have concluded a corresponding agreement with Facebook for joint controllership, which can be accessed here: https://www.facebook.com/legal/controller_addendum. This agreement defines the respective responsibilities for fulfilling the obligation under the GDPR with regard to joint controllership.
The contact details of the Controller and the data protection officer of Facebook can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
We have agreed with Facebook that Facebook can be used as a contact point for the exercise of data subject rights. Without prejudice to this, the jurisdiction of the Rights of Data Subjects is not limited.
Further information on how Facebook processes personal data, including its legal basis and further information on the rights of data subjects can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy. We transfer the data within the scope of joint controllership based on the legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) f GDPR.
Information on the data security conditions can be found here. https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/data_security_terms and on processing on the basis of standard contractual clauses can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/legal/EU_data_transfer_addendum.
Deletion/Withdrawal: The “Facebook Custom Audiences” function can be deactivated in the Cookie Settings and for logged in users at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#.
Cookie lifetime: up to 180 days after last interaction (this applies only to cookies which have been set by this website)
Use of Your Personal DataThe Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Law enforcementUnder certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirementsThe Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal DataThe security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Children’s PrivacyOur Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers. If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org